Italy Tour Packages
Italy a Brief
Italy is the birthplace of western culture and historically occupies the most import place. The maximum number of UNESCO World Heritage sites are found here, thus any number of days spent on Italy tours will never be enough to cover the length and breadth of the country. Most of the patrons visit Rome, Vatican city, Florence, Pisa, and many other places on their Italy holidays. Although Italian is the main language but while on Italy tours one gets to hear French and German.
Italian culture exudes warmth and friendliness and the cuisine which is already famous worldwide is aromatic and delicious. Milan is an epitome in fashion, technology, art, manufacturing and other fields. There are over 51 historically important sites to view while on Italy holidays.
The Alps mountains, River Arno, and the coasts on the Mediterranean sea offer a plethora of activities in the Italy tour packages offered to the customer.
Holidayme.com and Italy
At Holidayme.com customised tour packages are our main feature, which extends the freedom to customers to choose visiting the best possible cities and cover all the important historical and other famous sightseeing places. Whether customers choose to focus totally on the heritage visits or combine other adventure or leisure activities, their stay is guaranteed with maximum comfort, as the services of the best hotels in Italy are chosen. At the beginning of the journey to travelling within the country the best airline in Italy are booked.
Sightseeing in Italy
With over hundreds of historical buildings, cathedrals, fountains and parks, sightseeing in Italy attracts people of all ages to it. Here are a few Italy sightseeing places which are much sought after:
- Rome is the most visited sightseeing in Italy which is famous for Colosseum, Vatican City, Trevis Fountain, St. peter’s Basilica and many heritage sites in almost all lanes.
- Venice, the city of gondolas and canals is home to many grand palaces and squares.
- Pompei ancient city was buried under the volcanic ash of Mt. Vesuvius which was the reason the houses, frescos, art and artefacts from that era were preserved in good condition.
- The Leaning Tower of Pisa is one of the many attractions in Pisa, one comes across while on Italy sightseeing tours.
- The Florence Duomo Santa Maria del Fiore and the steeples of Cathedral of Santa Maria dominate the skyline of Florence, while the baptistry opposite to the Duomo is known for its brass doors.
- Vatican city is a pilgrimage for Christians and other sects and has the world’s most priceless collection of frescos, art, and artefacts.
- Milan is the fashion capital and also houses the famous Duomo and Leonardo Da Vinci’s famous painting “The Last Supper.”
Activities to do in Italy
Along with history and culture, many would be surprised to know that Italy is also famous amongst adventure seekers too. Here are a few activities in Italy which are booked mostly:
- Lake Garda offers activities in Italy where the entire family can take part. Windsurfing, paddle boarding, swimming, sailing, a hike to nearest villages are a part of the services offered here.
- Paragliding in Veneto is amongst the Italian activities which combines sport with viewing of beautiful landscape.
- Cycling and hiking in Tuscany into the quaint towns and sun kissed hills are widespread Italy activities amongst all age groups.
Italy food spread is not only limited to pizzas and pastas but other dishes too. Here is a list of few traditional made best food in Italy:
- Lasagne is made of flat broad pasta sheets, layered with meat sauce, cheese, and Bechamel sauce. This native Italy food is prepared in various styles depending on the region.
- Ribollita is a vegetable soup thickened with bread and is considered the best food in Italy to be served in autumn.
- Polenta which is made of crushed corn is a comfort food eaten with various stewed meats.
- Risotto is a soupy rice and vegetable dish which is cooked to a creamy mixture in meaty broths.
- Arancini are fried rice balls stuffed with cheese, vegetables or meat.
- Tiramisu is a world-famous desert made of ladyfingers, cream, cheese, coffee, and eggs.
- Himalay’s Kashmir and Shwarma Station in Rome, Mildo Ristrorante Arabo in Milan, and Orient Experience Cannaregio in Venice and many more are few good halal joints in Italy.
- Currency – Euro
- Capital – Rome
- Languages Spoken – Italian
- Time Zone – UTC+1
- Calling Code – +39
- Best Months to visit – April to June and September to October