London Tour Packages
London a Brief Peek
London has a history dating back to 2000yrs ago. Settled by Romans it was earlier known as Londinium, information one would come across while on all London tours. Although it is amongst the world’s leading financial capital, patrons would be surprised to come across a plethora of lush green gardens on their London holidays, some more than a 100yrs old. The city is dotted with historical icons which are counted amongst the most visited places opted by patrons on their London tours.
Typically, all London holiday packages include visits to palaces, squares, gardens and museums which are countless in numbers. Travellers can choose to spend their London holidays visiting architectural feats in history like The St. Pauls Cathedral, The Tower Bridge or modern feats like The London Eye, Piccadilly Circus, The Shard and The Millennium Bridge.
Holidayme.com and London
London is a city which has important historical monuments as well as architectural feats of the modern world. The country has natural wonders along with adventure sport opportunities. The customized holiday packages from Holidayme.com extend an opportunity to visit places according to one’s choice. To make sure that stay is the least worry for the customers, the best hotels in Londoon are booked. And to ensure a smooth journey from the beginning to the end, choices from various best airlines in London are given to the patrons, like GulfAir, British Airways, Virgin Atlantic and many more.
Best sightseeing places in London
With a treasure of historical icon and man-made ones sightseeing in London needs a long vacation to cover all. Here are few important London sightseeing places one must not miss:
- The Buckingham Palace is the most iconic sightseeing in London where the Royal family with Queen Elizabeth the head resides.
- The Kensington palace is again the residence of the Royal family along the only London sightseeing with a history on display on all the Royal weddings.
- The gothic design of The Tower Bridge, it’s glass walkway, museum and the engine room are the key attractions.
- The St. Paul’s Cathedral was completed in 1710 and is known for its architecture.
- London Eye of The Ferris Wheel is a wonderful way to view the city skyline.
- The Tower of London museum has all the royal jewels along with the famous Kohinoor diamond on display.
- The British Museum has a plethora of artefacts from all over the world.
- Westminster Abbey is a Gothic church where all the royal coronations take place.
- The Trafalgar Square is the biggest and oldest in London and has many artwork and sculptors in the vicinity.
- The Hyde Park is the largest and oldest royal park with memorials for many deceased royalties.
Top Outdoor Activities in London
The weather might be grey and overcast most of the times, yet there are plenty of activities in London to enjoy the outdoors. Here are a few of them:
- Boating in Hyde Park, Regents Park or Battersea Park is an idyllic London activity.
- Go Ape is children’s activities in London found in all the parks which includes zipping, high rope walking and other fun activities.
- Kayaking on the River Thames is amongst the best London activities to have a look at the city sites.
- Enjoy water rafting at Lee Valley which is right in the city.
Top Dishes to try in London
Although the best food in London has now had entries from different other countries too, here are a few traditional London food icons one has to try:
- Fish and chips are the best food in London to find at every nook and corner along with mushy peas and accompaniments.
- A typical brunch London food is the Sunday roast with Yorkshire pudding, which is any roast meat with mashed potatoes, vegetables, and gravy.
- Eton Mess is a dessert made of crushed strawberries, ice- cream and merengue.
- Mashed potatoes, a meat pie and gravy is a typical London comfort food.
- Bangers are sausages served with mashed potatoes.
- Eggs Benedict and Bockwurst are eggs and sausages typically served during breakfast time.
- Beef Wellington is meat with gravy cooked in a pastry shell.
- Hala, The Banc, Lokkanta Mezze and Barbeque, Iran Restaurant and the Monsoon are few of the best halal restaurants in London.
Key Facts of London
- Currency – Pound
- Country – United Kingdom
- Languages Spoken – English
- Time Zone – UTC+1
- Calling Code – +44
- Best Months to visit – May to September, December