Mauritius Tour Packages
Mauritius an Insight
Mauritius although is a small island in Africa but due to its beautiful beaches, clear blue waters, and rich natural treasure, it is the most visited luxury destination. Mauritius holiday packages include a plethora of water sports along with adventure nature trips. It has been voted many a times that the best beach holidays are Mauritius holidays.
Mauritius is considered as a melting pot of various ethnicities. The major influences can be seen in the cuisine which one has to savour while on Mauritius tours. Along with the Creole residents a major number of Chinese, Indians and European settlements has influenced the culture. Thus, Mauritius holidays will always be a delight.
On Mauritius tours one can discover the wonders the land stores in this country. From dormant volcanic craters filled with calm blue water and surrounded by lush greenery to the underwater waterfall.
Holidayme.com and Mauritius
Mauritius has many places to vacation which can be daunting to try to cover all in one go and that is where the customised holiday packages from Holidayme.com help the travellers to a great extent. Whether in the city heart, or in a village or on the beach side, the best hotels in Mauritius are offered to the patrons to enjoy the best views and best amenities. To ensure that the vacation is more comfortable the best airlines in Mauritius are taken into account.
Best Sightseeing places in Mauritius
Mauritius sightseeing offers everything a traveller looks forward to in a relaxing vacation. Here are a few must visit sightseeing in Mauritius:
- Chamarel Coloured Earth is a sightseeing in Mauritius which will amaze everyone with it’s seven coloured soil.
- Black River Gorges National Park is a Mauritius sightseeing haven for nature lovers and has many hiking trails.
- Trou Aux Biches is a beach with soft golden sand and blue water with excellent street food stalls, water sports and ideal for a family outing.
- Ile Aux Cerfs is the most visited beach.
- Murr’s Volcano has a water filled crater surrounded by lush greenery.
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Botanical garden is the oldest garden built in 1770 and the most visited.
- Eureka House is the oldest colonial house which has been converted into a museum displaying the colonial era.
- Rodrigues is an island which houses many colonial buildings and is also home to giant turtles.
- Mahebourg has a small city and beaches which offer a plethora of water sports.
- Tamarin has many small touristic villages, waterfalls, hills, dolphin sighting tours and boat cruises.
Best Outdoor Activities in Mauritius
The tropical land and the rich Indian Ocean lend an opportunity for some of the best activities in Mauritius. Here are a few Mauritius activities one must try:
- Amongst the most intriguing Mauritius activities is scuba scoot, which is deep sea diving on a water scooter.
- Most preferred activities in Mauritius to see the country is quad biking.
- Kite surfing is an adrenaline pumping activity with classes for beginners also.
- Submarine ride is an activity enjoyed by the entire family.
- Snorkelling at Ile Des deux Cocos is most sought after for the clear water and exotic marine life.
What to eat in Mauritius
The fertile tropical soil is the reason of the delicious Mauritius food. The best food in Mauritius can be found in the corner of every street to gourmet restaurants. Here are a few must have Mauritius delights:
- Dholl Puri is Mauritius food popular is the best fast food and found at every street.
- Bouillon Bredes is a soup made of watercress or pak choi or any other eatable leaves served with rice and salted fish pickle.
- Ene Bon Curry is considered the best food in Mauritius which is a seafood or meat curry made with many spices, herbs and chillies.
- Bol Renverser is an upside-down bowl with noodles, fried rice, and a fried egg on top.
- Farata is a flat bread which is filled with different curries.
Zub Express, Happy Rajah Indian restaurant, Saffron Grill and Nandos Bagatella are few well known halal restaurants in Mauritius.
Key Facts of Mauritius
- Currency – Mauritian Rupee
- Capital – Port Louis
- Languages Spoken – English, French
- Time Zone – UTC +4
- Calling Code – +230
- Best Months to visit – May to October