Uganda Tour Packages
Uganda is also known as the pearl of Africa. The nation exhibits a unique montage of different tribes and culture. Apart from that, the natural beauty that embellishes this nation acts as icing on the cake. Lying in the eastern Africa across the Equator, Uganda is embedded at the altitude of 1100 meters above the sea level. With South Sudan to its north, Congo to its west, Tanzania to its south and Kenya to its east, Uganda also cherishes the presence of Victoria Lake in its south-eastern territory.
The ancient most human occupants of Uganda were the tribes of Neolithic hunters. Pygmies, the ethnic group of tribal people in western Uganda, are said to be their descendants. Near about 2000 years ago, populations of Bantu speaking people who migrated from central and western parts of Africa, came and settled in southern Uganda. They were the ones who introduced agriculture and ironworking skills to this nation resided by hunters. Other ideas of civilization of forming social as well as political organizations were also induced by them. Uganda saw a colonial era under British rule since 1875. Independence was gained on 9th October 1962.
80% of the population follows Christianity and the remaining 20% follows Islam. Uganda has an agriculture based economy, with 90% percent of the area being rural. This is one of the main reasons behind the untouched natural beauty found here. Although the official language and Swahili and English, there are thirty other indigenous languages which are spoken by the citizens.
When walking through the lands of this African pearl, you can explore the wide regions of astounding Savannahs, you can trek down the craggy snow clad mountains, you can discover beautiful wildlife breathing and roaming freely and harmlessly in the bushy areas, you can get to meet the merry and hospitable dwellers of the nation, you taste the delectable local cuisine, you can admire the lakes and waterfalls and you can have much more fun that words can describe.