United Kingdom Tour Packages
United Kingdom an Insight
United Kingdom is generally confused with England, but it comprises of England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. The basic perception of United Kingdom holidays is that it is centred in England, yet there is more to it with the neighbouring places. United Kingdom tours are incomplete without a visit to the Buckingham Palace to view the oldest monarchy which is still very powerful. The country is not only historically important but gains an important position in the commercial world too.
A United Kingdom holiday package can tour along Glasgow to know why it is known as the European city of culture or stop in Liverpool to be awed by the sport fans. Visit Oxford and Cambridge the two ancient university towns, and London which is the epitome in every field on United Kingdom tours.
In brief to get a proper insight into the culture, people and wonders, one has to embark on many United Kingdom holidays to understand it properly.
Holidayme.com and United Kingdom
Holidayme.com presents customized holiday packages for United Kingdom so that one can choose whether to focus only on Britain or plan to visit the neighbouring places also. Whether it is the city of London or the quaint villages of Cotswold, the services of the best hotels in United Kingdom are offered. The hotels are located at prime places which is close to the important historical sites to ease the travelling time. Holidayme.com also offers services of best airlines in United Kingdom like Virgin Atlantic, British Airways, Etihad, Emirates, and others.
Sightseeing in United Kingdom
United Kingdom is a mix of modern cities like England to quiet rustic villages in Scotland. There are numerous places for sightseeing in United Kingdom, out of which few are listed below:
- Stonehenge a historic United Kingdom sightseeing place is known to be older than the Pyramids of Egypt.
- London is home to the best sightseeing in United Kingdom with the London Bridge, Buckingham Palace, British Museum, Big Ben and many more.
- Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland has ancient monuments built on hill tops, along with a 19th century shopping department store and many more attractions.
- Bath is an 18th century United Kingdoms sightseeing city made of honey coloured bath stones and has natural hot springs.
- York was founded by ancient Romans and has a 11th century abbey, many cathedrals and churches with stained glass.
- Glasgow is a port city with numerous 18th century Victorian buildings, museums and a modern waterfront.
- Inverness is a 18th century town built near the River Ness, which is connected to the famous Loch Ness monster myth.
- Cotswold are parts of various English counties and has the prettiest landscape, villages, chapels and perfectly preserved ruins of castles, along with a view of the Severn valley.
Activities to do
The islands, moors, rivers, and forests offer an excellent opportunity for outdoor activities in United Kingdom. Here is a list of few to consider:
- The Highland of Scotland offer sea kayaking along with guided tours to small villages.
- Amongst challenging United Kingdom activities is to swim the river at Oxfordshire.
- Glenfeshie offers camping in the wilds.
- Amongst amusing activities in United Kingdom is kite buggying in Sussex.
- Rock climbing in Snowdonia is amongst the United Kingdom activities which even beginners can do.
- Hiking in Yorkshire Dales can be a daunting task and rewarding also due to the majestic landscape one comes across.
- Wales has the world’s fastest zip line.
- Bike packing is a new way to explore the outskirts of any region, in which one travels on a bike, camps on designated outdoor places.
What to eat in United Kingdom
There is a common myth about food in United Kingdom that it is bland. Busting this myth here is a list of some best food in United Kingdom one must try:
- Fish and Chips is a United Kingdom food which has its own variants and found at every street to every high-end restaurant.
- English breakfast comprising of eggs, sausages, bread, tomatoes, mushrooms and many other accompaniments is the best food in United Kingdom to start one’s day.
- Bara Brith Bread is tea bread made with spices and dried fruits.
- Haggies, Neeps and Tatties are sausages made from lamb and spices, turnips and potatoes and is a spicy United Kingdom food.
- Bangers and Mash are spiced sausages served with buttery mashed potatoes.
- Guananbana, Chor Bizarri, Initio, Boondocks and Tarshish are few good halal joints in London.
- Currency – Pound
- Capital – London
- Languages Spoken – English
- Time Zone – UTC+1
- Calling Code – +44
- Best Months to visit – June to September