UAE nationals can enjoy a visa-free stay at Austria for a maximum of 90 days in any 180-day period. The same holds true for the citizens of Argentina, Peru, Hong Kong, Japan, Malaysia, Brazil and 56 other countries. They must essentially fulfill the following requirements:
• They should have a machine-readable passport with digital photo or a bio-metric passport
• They should possess a travel document which is valid for at least 3 months after the intended date of departure and which has been issued in the previous 10 years.
• They should have sufficient funds for their stay and onward/return journey
• They should properly justify the purpose and conditions of their stay
• They should not be listed in the Schengen Information System as someone to be refused entry and not be considered as a threat to public policy, internal security, public health or the international relations of any Schengen country.
Indian, Pakistani, Filipinos, Bangladeshi, Egyptian and Iranian expats living in the UAE require an Schengen visa for visiting Austria. It is advisable that nationals of these and other countries get in touch with their respective embassies for obtaining comprehensive information.
The general Schengen Austrian visa requirements are:
• Filled-in visa application form
• Valid passport
• 2 passport-sized photographs
• Travel insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000 (roughly 1,30,000 AED)
• Round-trip flight reservations or a complete travel itinerary
• Hotel reservation or proof of accommodation
• Letter of no objection from employer
• Bank statements from the previous 3 months
The Schengen Austrian visa can only be considered if the individual’s port of entry into Europe is Austria or if the individual is going to spend most of his days in Austria doing a multi-country trip in the continent.
Please Note: Check the validity and other important details of the visa when you have received it.