UAE nationals can enjoy a visa-free stay at Germany for a maximum of 90 days. Indian, Pakistani, Filipinos, Bangladeshi, Egyptian and Iranian expats living in the UAE need to apply for a Schengen visa. With a Schengen visa, travellers can travel and stay not only in Germany, but all 26 countries that lie in the Schengen region. The 26 countries include Austria, Italy, France, Finland, Sweden, Switzerland, Belgium etc.
It is advisable that nationals of different countries get in touch with their respective embassies for obtaining comprehensive information.
The general requirements for the German Schengen Visa are the following:
• Completed application form in English and German only
• Passport size photographs (see visa photo requirements for details)
• Valid national passport
• Personal bank statements for the last three months
• Confirmation letter from your health insurance stating coverage for emergency medical treatment with a minimum of €30,000 (roughly 1,30,000 AED)
• Leave letter of your company (if employed)
• Proof of accommodation. Hotel bookings for your stay.
• Proof of flight reservation.
• Personal covering letter with entire travel plan (itinerary)
• Proof of civil status: Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable)
• Driver’s license and/or utility bill in your name as proof of residence
The German Schengen Visa must be applied at least 3 weeks before the travel date. This is a good time period even if there are processing delays. The visa processing fee is 315 AED. Check the validity and other important details of the visa when you have received it. Want to fill in the online application form? You can consider the VFS Germany website.
UAE nationals can enjoy a visa-free stay at Germany for a maximum of 90 days. Indian, Pakistani, Filipinos, Bangladeshi, Egyptian and Iranian expats living in the UAE need to apply for a Schengen visa...