Free Things to Do In Bangkok
Quiet time by the lake, running down the jogging track, going for the basketball hoops, sampling gym instruments and taking part in aerobic classes are among the many things you can try out in Lumpini Park, a green zone within the concrete chaos that is Bangkok.
• Puppetry is embedded in Thai culture and you can catch a riveting show of the same at The Artist's House.
• Wade in the wonders of the five-decade old Erawan Shrine, you may be lucky to see a Thai dance performance by troupes that often perform here.
• A variant to the glitzy malls are the open markets and second-hand zones where you may end up making a great buy. Two such markets are Lad Prao Night Market and Chatuchak Weekend Market.
• View a shower of butterflies at Queen Sikit Botanical Garden, Rot Fai Park. View more than 500 butterfly species and other insect species too.
• There are free meditation sessions that are on offer at the glorious Wat Mahathat Temple. These are lessons that will never go waste.
• Get to see crocodiles up close in the city, Chinatown is the best place to spot these reptiles. The pond in the ancient temple of Wat Chakrawatrachawat Woramahawihan probably your best chance to spot these creatures.
• Travel to the old city and be enthralled with the view that flower stalls present. Check out how flowers of various colours are unloaded, bouquets and wreaths made out of it.
Quiet time by the lake, running down the jogging track, going for the basketball hoops, sampling gym instruments and taking part in aerobic classes are among the many things you can try out in Lumpini...