Bordeaux is a beautiful French city, heaven for wine lovers. From an interesting culture to significant history, it has so much to explore. With its urban grace and provincial beauty, there are a number of places to see in Bordeaux that can be admired. There are new sightseeing places popping up all the time and there are plenty of restaurants, cafes, bars and patisseries. Here are some of the top things to do in Bordeaux:
- Take a memorable Bordeaux Wine Tour by visiting the numerous wine bars as well as vineyards that offer the world’s best wines to taste.
- Cherish the water mirror in Place De La Bourse - a peaceful spot to spend some relaxing time. It is the largest reflecting pool in the world and is also listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It creates a captivating mirroring effect that reflects Place De La Bourse as well as all the splendid-looking buildings around!
- Roam around Jardin Publique De Bordeaux - a beautiful English-style park that was established in order to provide the people of Bordeaux with a place where they could simply relax and enjoy.
- Visit the most famous museum of Bordeaux i.e. Musee D’Aquitaine which has a wonderful collection of historical items and offers an insight into several historical facts and information.
- Go shopping on Rue-Saint-Catherine - the longest pedestrian shopping street in Europe. It has over 250 shops and an uncountable number of brands to offer shopaholics the best shopping time.
- Dive into some interesting wine history at La Cite Du Vin which is a superbly designed contemporary cultural centre that gives every detail about wine production processes around the world. For wine connoisseurs, this is the perfect tourist attraction in Bordeaux.
- Indulge in some delectable local cuisine and traditional food at the various amazing restaurants. To have an ultimate eating experience, try some specialities like French steak with Bordelaise sauce and canelés.
- Enjoy some lovely wine and dance to the tunes of the nightlife at any of the clubs or pubs at La Victoire or Les Quais, the upscale areas in Bordeaux.
- Enjoy a performance at the stunning Grand Theatre. Both the performance and the theatre architecture are sure to leave you spellbound.
Bordeaux is a beautiful French city, heaven for wine lovers. From an interesting culture to significant history, it has so much to explore. With its urban grace and provincial beauty, there are a n...