Free Things to Do In Chiang Rai
• Visit Wanna Farm with its ostriches and old carnival games.
• The Lychee Fair happens around the middle of May every year. With booths of many local products, float competition and a lychee beauty contest.
• Head out to Phucheefah for a great sunrise view.
• Head out to the Gate of Siam, on the border of Laos, where you can get a great view of the sprawling Mekong River.
• Head out to the Chiang Rai Beach, by the Kok River, which is a very popular spot for picnics and with lovely scenariosof the hill tribe villages of Lahu, Karen, Akha, etc.