Free Things to Do In Interlaken
• Located at the foothills of the Mönch& Jungfrau Mountains, Interlaken is a great place for hiking, walking and climbing. There are a number of well- marked trails and treks for walkers and climbers of all categories. One of the best among these trails is the Jungfrau Plateau trail, which provides spectacular views of the surrounding Alps. This will also help you burn huge amount calories as well.
• If you can bravethe cold water of the lakes of Brienz and Thun, then swimming can be a good option for you. Both the lakes are quite popular swimming area with showers, changing room facilities in place along with a restaurant.
• A number of waterfalls and streams are there in and around Interlaken and you can just walk down to see the water masses thundering down hundreds of metres across numerous rocky stages.
• You can saunter around the market place or walk down the Höheweg, the main street, to engage yourself in window shopping, apart from taking a glance of the beautiful buildings and mesmerising surroundings.
• A riverside walk, starting just near Interlaken East on a path running beside the River Aare, is a good option. If you have the urge to go little further then you can also walk Lake Thun to Lake Brienz.
• A visit to Höhematte, a vast meadow in the middle of Interlaken along Höheweg, is a must do activity in Interlaken. The stunning meadow covers around 14 hectares and from there you can get some spectacular views of the surrounding mountains. At Hohematte you can also enjoy the seasonal flowers and witness various sporting activities including the landing spot for many paragliders. There is also a theatre, a coffee shop, a historical Augustinian convent and church and a working clock made of flowers in this magnificent meadow in the heart of the town.
• The Covered Bridge is an excellent alternate route to cross the River Aare. This lovely wooden bridge stands on a concrete foundation and provides mesmerising views over the river and the surrounding landscape.
• Hike up to Harder Kulm, a lookout point with spectacular views over the town of Interlaken, Brienz and Thun Lakes as well as the entire Jungfrau Region.
• Located at the foothills of the Mönch& Jungfrau Mountains, Interlaken is a great place for hiking, walking and climbing. Th...