Along with being one among the youngest countries in Africa, Namibia is also a photographer’s dream come true with its golden deserts, Rocky Mountains, splendorous seascapes, jaw-dropping wildlife and quintessential tribal lifestyle which can still be spotted in the villages and forests. Namibia lies in the south west of Africa, with its three ends landlocked; Angola and Zambia towards north, Botswana to its east and South Africa to its south. The western borders form a rim along the rambling South Atlantic Ocean.
The San people are said to be the first inhabitants of Namibia. It was discovered by Bartolomeo Dias, who was a Portuguese explorer. Namibia slipped under German colonial rule in 1884. During WWI in 1915, South Africa captivated the Namibian kingdom. After a lot of political turmoil and objections raised by UN, Namibia attained nationhood on 21st March, 1990.
Full of vibrancy, colours and life, the Namibian population exhibits a peculiar tradition and culture. It is a secular state, but the religion followed by majority (90%) is Christianity. The remaining 10% of the population is a mix of Jews, Buddhists, Muslims and groups following other indigenous beliefs.
Four major topographical regions in which Namibia can be divided into are Desert and Coastal plains, Central plateau that slopes eastwards, Kalahari Desert along the South African Border and densely forested regions. Although its physical geography grants it a harsh climate, there are various tourist magnets nestled in the lap of this nation. Some of the grandest national Parks, most glittery beaches and brilliant-most desert landscapes of Africa are snuggled by Namibia.
Along with being one among the youngest countries in Africa, Namibia is also a photographer’s dream come true with its golden deserts, Rocky Mountains, splendorous...