Free Things to Do In Phuket
• Phuket boasts of having some of the best beaches in Thailand so it becomes obvious that the first thing you should do is to explore the soft sands of Phuket! Laze around on the sand, go for a swim, get adventurous with some beach sports or just sit back and enjoy the exceptional sunset views. Mai Khow, Laem Ka, Bang Tao and Banana beach are a few stunning beaches you could explore.
• Head to the Nakkerd hills to get a close glimpse of the magnificent Big Buddha. Towering around 45 metres in height, this is the largest Buddha statue in Thailand. What’s more, the sweeping panoramic views from here are truly amazing.
• Take in the authentic historic charm of Phuket Town. Ramble through the vibrant streets here dotted with galleries, typical Sino- Portuguese shop houses, quaint cafes and cheap restaurants.
• Head to Phromtep Cape, a landmark cliff that will give you the most spectacular views of the ocean and the bobbing coastline. The cliff also has a lighthouse that houses historical artifacts on display. Admission to the lighthouse is free.
• If you’re fascinated by religion and architecture, visit Wat Chalong, the largest and one of the most popular temples in Phuket. Marvel at the statues and the intriguing history entailing this iconic temple.
• Head to the lively Naka Weekend Market for a riveting session of window shopping and entertainment. This market usually operates on weekend between 6pm to 10pm.
• Admire the stunning natural wonders of Phuket by visiting the several waterfalls and the jungle landscape. Bang Pae, Kathu, Tonsai and Ton Prai are a few waterfalls you could check out.
• Phuket is blessed with an array of gorgeous viewpoints that are totally worth visiting. A few key viewpoints include Rang Hill, Kata/Karon Viewpoint, and of course, The Big Buddha and Cape Phromthep.
• Phuket boasts of having some of the best beaches in Thailand so it becomes obvious that the first thing you should do is to explore ...