Free Things to Do In Sharjah
• One can go to Heritage Area which has many historic buildings reconstructed with traditional materials. The prominent among these are Al Hisn Fort, Literature Square with House of Poetry, Sharjah Museum of Islamic Civilization, Sharjah Heritage Museum and Souq al-Arsa. One can just roam around in the area and soak into history of the emirate state.
• Souq al-Arsah in Heritage Area is also a good place to visit as it is considered to be the oldest souq in Sharjah and is still abuzz with customers.
• Go and check the Art Area opposite the Heritage Area. The Art Area Includes Sharjah's Art Museum which showcases some of the best oriental arts by some of the local and international contemporary artists.
• A visit to Blue Souq is a must if you want to feel this oldest markets of the emirates. Even though you don’t want to burn a whole in your pocket, you can check out the 600-odd shops inside this huge market arena.
• One can see the magnificent King Faisal Mosque at Al-Ittahid Square. The mosque, which was opened in 1987, was a gift of the Saudi Arabian King Faisal. It also has an Islamic library with more than 7.000 books but they only allow Muslims inside.
• The Al Noor Mosque is another place one can go and see. Located on Khalid Lagoon in the Majaz district, it’s open every Monday for expatriates and tourists to visit.
• Sharjah has a number of beautifully ornamented parks and most of these don’t charge any entry fee. Therefore one can take a stroll and enjoy the manicured beauty of nature.
• One can go to Heritage Area which has many historic buildings reconstructed with traditional materials. The prominent among these &n...