The country may appear small, but Tunisia holds enormous treasure of natural beauty in its lap. The traces and ruins of historical African stories adorns Tunisia with immense mystical charm. Tucked between two large countries, Libya (east) and Algeria (west), the nation breathes through its northern open end which form a border to Mediterranean Sea (northeast) and Tyrrhenian Sea (north).
The nation has seen many battles between great civilizations that successively triumphed here. Its green and productive agricultural regions once used to be the breadbasket for the Romans. Tunisia used to be known as Roman Tunisia until 5th century, when the raging Vandals rampaged the roots of Roman Empire prevailing here. Vandals succeeded in taking over the kingdom but could not win the hearts of the public. This resulted in strong revolts by the natives throughout their rule. Arabs arrived in 7th century and introduced Islam to Tunisia. They ruled the country till 16th century, when the French entered into picture and took over the power. After age long struggle and disturbances, independence was finally achieved in 1956.
As an inheritance from the past, Tunisian people still stick to Islam and thus, 98% of the population here is Muslim. The remaining 2% are either Europeans or Jews. Tunisia is known for having very strong commercial ties with Europe. Official as well as the most widely spoken language is Arabic. Although French and other native dialects are also spoken.
The nation houses a gorgeous Mediterranean coastline, charming Saharan desert with its golden sands, colourful and stunningly beautiful beaches, thirst-quenching museums for history buffs, ruins of incredible ancient Roman and Arab architecture, peculiarly spectacular landscapes, remarkable architecture and what not. Tunisia embraces a lot of striking tourism magnets that can potentially make your visit worthwhile.
The country may appear small, but Tunisia holds enormous treasure of natural beauty in its lap. The traces and ruins of historical African stories adorns Tunisia with im...